2 cups unsifted flour
2 sticks butter
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix flour, butter and sour cream with fingers until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
2. Divide chilled dough into 2 parts.
3. Sprinkle work surface with cinnamon and sugar. Roll out each part individually into a circle, about 12″ in diameter. (Keep remainder of dough chilled until ready to work.)
4. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar, walnuts, raisins, semisweet chips, as desired. For raisins and chips, keep them near the edge of the circle, so that they end up contained inside the pastry.
5. Cut circle into 24 to 32 wedges and roll in from the wider end to form crescents.
6. Bake on greased and floured cookie sheet at 375 F for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown